Hair Loss and CBD Oil
Hair loss, thinning hair, slow hair growth – these are all conditions that can be caused by many factors, including toxicity, illness, infection, chemical medical treatments, hormone imbalance, stress, and poor nutrition.
Another factor in weak, damaged, thin hair or hair loss is the absence of sufficient ceramides. Ceramides are fatty substances found in the skin and hair. Ceramides are comprised of 2 molecules
- Sphingosine (an amino alcohol) and a fatty acid.
- Ceramides help the hair retain moisture and protein. This is especially useful for those who color or use heat on their hair.
- GLA, also known as Omega 6 fatty acid, has been shown to help improve hair growth for some, as well as nourishing the hair so that it grows thicker and stronger.
- CBD oil is an excellent source for GLA and ceramides. Hempseed oil has the perfect ratio of Omega fatty acids, and it is easily digestible.
- Getting enough Omega fatty acids in the diet will help the hair, as well as using topical products that contain hempseed oil (shampoos, conditioners, hair tonics). Proper nutrition and sufficient nutrients are important for healthy hair (and skin).
- CBD oil is an anti-inflammatory, and because some hair loss is due to inflammatory conditions, hempseed oil may be a good supplement for that reason as well.
*This article is for information purposes only. If you are taking Coumadin, aspirin, or any blood pressure medication, please contact your health care provider before supplementing with Omega 6 or adding more hemp to your diet. Hempseed and CBD oil are known to reduce blood pressure, help with circulation, and help heart disease. Medication dosage may be need to be reduced or closely monitored.